Thread: Can I use mic on pc for karaoke?

Can I use mic on pc for karaoke?

Hello guys, have a question. So here is my problem, we are making a little play for kids birthday. Its is goimg to be short perfomance and I have several soundtracks which i will play and we will sing. But what is missing is a sound amplifier. I am thinking if I can use my pc with mic as amplifier, like karaoke? I will appreciate if anyone knows if its possible and how to do it?

Anger Management Required Raziel's Avatar

Re: Can I use mic on pc for karaoke?

In XP, can't help you on Vista.

Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Voice Tab>Volume Button>Uncheck the mute button underneath microphone. You will be able to hear whatever is spoken into the microphone over speakers.

sK's Tree Camper Screaming_Fork's Avatar

also there's this annoying feature on alot of sound card software called karaoke, the reason it's annoying is sometimes it turns on by itself. it removes the voice from movies and music pretty successfully. but it's always annoying trying to figure out why you cant hear the guy talking but you can hear the explosions and instrument sound track just fine.

Pan the Goat God - Ninjas are awesome, because they come up from behind you and cut you. Its kinda like dying in prison, but they dont assrape you. Its cool how ninjas dont assrape you while you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Voice Tab>Volume Button>Uncheck the mute button underneath microphone.
    When i did that i had only option to check another box on the left, and i did that:

then this hardware optimization wizard came on and it made some adjustmants , I guess:

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    You will be able to hear whatever is spoken into the microphone over speakers.
    so, my mic is connected, but I don't hear anything from speakers when I speak. Should I be running some software to be able to hear my voice over speakers? I tried Voice Recorder, Logitech QuickCam (to try webcam's mic) - nothing happend

Sry guys, just can figure out this thing

So, I found free windows karaoke software: http://www.karafun.com/
    I figured out all buttons I was able to successfully record the wav-file in-line with my mp3 song. After that when I play mp3-file, software plays my voice, but still during recording I cannot hear my voice in real-time over the speakers.

why does your thing say recording control, you should be in volume control

start > prog files > accessories > entertainment > volume control

once in there go to
    options > properties >
    check the microphone box >
    hit ok

now uncheck mute under the new microphone slide bar

it should work now, if it's too soft go into advance button under the mic control and turn on the DB boost
    Last edited by Screaming_Fork; 03-24-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: epic merge

Pan the Goat God - Ninjas are awesome, because they come up from behind you and cut you. Its kinda like dying in prison, but they dont assrape you. Its cool how ninjas dont assrape you while you die.

ok, when went to Volume Control Properties i couldnt find any microphone box:

then

I think that I am missing something here -let me give you all details. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop with Sigmatel C-Major Audio, on the side of laptop i have 2 jacks - for mic and headphones, both woork fine, bc I can record my voice in Voice Recorder and play music from comp. I also have a Logitech USB Web Camera which i use when i talk to people by Skype. So, 2 mics (headset and usb camera), both work fine, but why I dont have the micropone box that you guys are talking about?
    Last edited by lancelot; 03-25-2008 at 09:55 PM.

options > p;properties have to click on the box to show it. recording tab.
    Last edited by ellwood; 03-30-2008 at 04:16 AM.
    rawr

oh your 2nd pic is there anything else in that dropdown box?

Well, looks like i needed to make a little investment - I end up buying a microphone mixer in Radioshack. Hoocked up PC, and 2 mics at IN and speakers in OUT - in such set-up I was able to do all what I wanted .

Thread Information